Joseph Gordon-Levitt said: “What a career Bruce Willis had! The Fifth Element, The Sixth Sense, The Whole Nine Yards, 12 Monkeys… zero Oscars.”
What someone feels in their heart, you do not always know. My granddaughter, Diajelle, made a YouTube video (below) which led me to tears b/c there was much that I did not know was in her heart and soul.
Ferdie Werdie is the editor of Delery Gazette, a blog about his journey in seeking the voice of the Lord. He is the father of 3 girls and the grandfather of 8 grandchildren.
Ferdie is based in New Orleans, Louisiana, and is an author of 3 books which can be found under FERDIE’S BOOKS in menu.
or here: Ferdie’s Books
Two legends!! Jim Brown is the only rusher in NFL history to average over 100 yards per game for his whole career. Muhammad Ali is the only heavyweight boxer to win the heavyweight title three times. Plus, both stood tall and made a difference for civil rights in America.
ASH WEDNESDAY and my ashes.
Ferdie’s Latest Posts
- My Super Bowl PickOne of the interesting match ups for this year’s Super Bowl is Patrick Mahomes vs. Tom Brady. Firstly, I know that everyone is interested in my pick in the game. I am picking Tampa with a final score of 27 to 24. I have not made my pick on my card yet, but that is … Continue reading
- Me and WomenWomen often say about me, “He’s-a no do the right thing. He’s-a some lousy rat-fink basset.” Question: What would I prefer? A teenie bit of #romance with a pocket full of #money; or hot, committed romance with my money flying out of my pockets. My answer… My answer: As of lately, women aim at costing … Continue reading
- Joe at the White HouseI flipped to watch LET’S MAKE A DEAL and caught Joe Biden and Jill walking into their home… the #WhiteHouse. Hallelujah and praise God!! I had been avoiding inauguration news all day, and got “tricked” into seeing the most beautiful sight my eyes could behold: yes, President Joe Biden entering the White House. WakanTankan spoke … Continue reading
- End of Year NotesAre my detractors paying rent to live in my head? Hell to the no! Encumbered with frustrations like this I lost my Holiday Spirit; shut the front door. So, I need to read for a few minutes. I feel under stress. Hopefully, a few minutes of reading will relax my nerves. Sitting at my desk … Continue reading
- That Last Hurricane!In Re: to My words about the current state of affairs universally, I firstly posted a picture at the link below for you to relate to before you read my words of concern. I promised some of y’all to explain what is on my mind. My brother asked if cutting my grass was on my … Continue reading
- Morgus the MagnificentOnly in New Orleans! I did not know if Morgus the Magnificent is still alive or not. I was a kid when his show premiered in New Orleans. The actor must be a million years old now. I did not know who he was (neither did his own children) b/c he only revealed himself 50 … Continue reading
- Ferdie’s DeskThis is Ferdie’s desk where I prepare the stories for the #DeleryGazette. I hold the drafts here until they are ready to #post on the #Gazette. Continue reading
- LolitaMy #ex-wife picked me up again this morning to shop on Claiborne Ave. They have been cooking seafood often by my daughter. Lil’ Red occasionally calls me to see if I want to get something at the seafood place too when she goes. They are cooking shrimp stew today by my daughter’s house; the grandkids … Continue reading
- No!No, no, no! Do not do it. Use your head first. Is the girl in the video making the correct decision? UPDATE: F/b might have taken the video down because the girl’s injury was too horrific for some viewers. Now that we learned a lesson by watching that girl in the video, I wanted to … Continue reading
- Teddy $30MI have another video that I want to put up also. Plus, I might say something about Donald Trump later. He scrambled up my brain already this morning with something stupid he did. Hillary is holding a conversation with Lady Gaga. I would like to see a candidate choose Hillary as Vice President. When I … Continue reading
- BirdmanOne guy on my job thought that my name was Birdman. He called me Birdman for years which I thought he was saying as a nickname. On different jobs throughout the years, people have called me nicknames or different variations of my name. I always looked at it as affection from my friends. In fact, … Continue reading
- “Sometimes Nothin Can Be A Real Cool Hand!”“What you got here is a failure to communicate,” the captain once said. This video below is an iconic scene in movie history. The guy in the video is a real “cool hand” person; his name is Cool Hand Luke. In the movie COOL HAND LUKE, Paul Newman elicited one of my favorite mottos about … Continue reading
Posts of Interest
Feb 24, 2020
Here are some words about Joe Biden moving into the White House.
Feb 24, 2020
Ferdie writes the posts to his Delery Gazette from his editor’s desk.